PLEDGE A #NOFOODWASTE NOVEMBER!
About 1/3 of all food produced worldwide goes to waste — and we want to change that!
Did you use your leftovers, take home a doggy bag, bring extra food to a pantry, or simply compost your scraps?
Join Foodstand and our partners in pledging a #NoFoodWaste November. Learn how and share your good food deeds with #NoFoodWaste to win prizes. This week - win prizes from Dig Inn and Farm to People!
1. Join the Foodstand Community via our iPhone app.
2. Post as many photos as you like of your good no-food-waste deeds, and apply #NoFoodWaste.
3. Challenge your friends to a #NoFoodWaste November! We will curate some of the best posts to highlight with our partners.
Foodstanders say No. Food. Waste.
Dinner for 4 in 15 minutes for $15.
What my family of 4 (2 year old, 5 year old, and grownups) are eating for dinner! Ok, say what you will about Trader Joe’s salmon but sometimes when you are in a pinch, if salmon is part of your f...
DianaO You are amazing!!! Seriously salmon dinner in 15 minutes for $15 and pulled it off while doing email?!
Sobeys Is Selling Avocado Halves, The Internet Is Confused
A Canadian grocery store selling packaged avocado halves is causing a stir on the web... 🤔🙈 I'm struggling to picture a scenario where these would be a necessity...
lauren Hmmm now this doesn't make much sense...
DietID_TeamDietitians Like the peeled oranges at whole foods!!The rationale for the Oranges was to solve for accessibility issues - people who are handicapped can't easily peel oranges, and presumably can't cut and...
Gwendolyn But unlike with the oranges, this packaging looks difficult! If I had limited mobility with my hands I'm not sure this packaging option would help.
How Jessica Koslow Created a Category 5 Breakfast Hurricane That Walloped LA - Eater
"Chefs from all over the country right now are drawing inspiration from Jessica Koslow’s humble LA breakfast and lunch restaurant Sqirl..." She started making and selling jam at a farmers market a...
annefood The strawberry rose geranium jam is outta this world.
Hey folks! First time post. Our love for eating and cooking has taken us on a full time path of stewarding heritage livestock breeds.
Seared salmon with a spicy twist
I added a charred jalapeño, capers, and garlic chips with a miso, lime dressing.
3 Minute Spinach Recipe
Spray a pan with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Saute 1lb of baby spinach leaves until wilted. Add two tablespoons of pignoli nuts or other nuts, a sprinkle of garlic powder, and a little ...
Need veggie inspiration? Remember the 3-color rule!
Got some veggies in the crisper/freezer but not sure what to make? Think color -- choose 3 different color veggies for maximum nutrition, eye appeal, and flavor. Here I sauté gorgeous green asparag...
DianaO I love the idea of a 3 color rule- I am going to adopt that!
Love adding sumac to salads!
This spice is the perfect combination of spice and tartness, and elevated any homemade salad
DietIDdietitian This looks delicious! I love sumac too -- it's definitely underused, but it's so delicious, and a powerful anti-oxidant to boot! I often add it while sauteeing onions, and then use them as a...
reneeeats Great idea with the onions! I’ll try that next time
DianaO Such a colorful and gorgeous salad!
Would anyone like to be my buddy? I really don’t know anyone IRL that would want to do this with me.
rebecca0716 I would love to!
emrose3725 I would!
- Download the Foodstand iPhone Application.
- Between 10AM EST on Monday, November 2, 2015 and 11:59 PM EST on Monday, November 30, 2015 (the Sweepstakes Period), using the Foodstand iPhone Application, any posts that include “#NoFoodWaste” in the description either by manually typing in the phrase or by adding it using the “#NoFoodWaste button during the Sweepstakes Period will be counted as an entry.
- A random drawing will be held from all eligible entries (posts containing #NoFoodWaste in the description) received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or about Tuesday, December 1, 2015, by Foodstand, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this sweepstakes are final.
- Each week, we will choose two winners. One winner will be from the New York, Metropolitan area, and will receive two meal tokens from Dig Inn (diginn.com) restaurant. A second winner will be chosen from a non-New York metropolitan area, and will receive a Tasting Box from Farm to People (farmtopeople.com) The prize will be delivered by mail after the winner is announced and the winner has provided a mailing address to receive the prize.
- Each #NoFoodWaste post (also known as an entry) must be fully completed; mechanically reproduced; incomplete and/or illegible entries will not be accepted. In case of dispute with respect to entries, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Entries become property of Foodstand and may be shared with partners of Foodstand. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Foodstand and its advertising and promotions agencies are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
- Notice to Winners: Winner will be notified by e-mail. Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within fifteen (15) days of notification attempt or prize may be awarded to alternate winner. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate winner will be selected. If a winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian, who must follow all prize claim procedures specified herein and sign and return all required documents.
- Prize: Four (4) winners will be chosen from the New York metropolitan area. These winners will each receive two (2) tokens, each good for one (1) meal at any Dig Inn restaurant location. Prize will be mailed to winner. Four (4) additional winners will each receive one (1) Tasting Box Subscription from Farm to People (Farmtopeople.com). Prize will be delivered by mail.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. If any prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the name of minor's parent or legal guardian. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Foodstand makes no warranties with regard to the prize. Prize is not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winner, but Foodstand reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prize are the sole responsibility of winner.
- General: Foodsdtand and its representatives are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes. If for any reason, (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Foodstand, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes), the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Foodstand shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes.
By accepting prize, the winner grants to Foodstand the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, in advertising and promotion, including on the Site, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. By participating in the sweepstakes, entrant and winner release Foodstand, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and agents, from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. Foodstand may prohibit an entrant from participating in the sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Foodstand representatives. All legal responsibilities of a minor under these Official Rules will be assumed by the minor's parent/legal guardian.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FOODSTAND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Foodstand, 115 5th avenue, 6th Floor New York, NY 10003.