Be A Zero #NoFoodWaste
Be A Zero and learn how to practice zero food waste this month!
Did you know that we waste up to 40% of our food? Almost half! Yet one in seven people in the US is food insecure. Since we are the largest slice of the food waste pie—making up over 40%—reducing waste at home is key, but over 60% of waste happens before food even gets to our homes.
How to Participate
Share your #NoFoodWaste tips and ideas
Whether you’re sharing how to use leftovers or your own version of nose to tail, every #NoFoodWaste post helps and enters you to win $25 from the Brooklyn Kitchen.
Invite friends to Be a Zero
Each of us can make small changes to reduce food waste. Each friend you bring enters you to win $25 from the Brooklyn Kitchen
Meet at a #NoFoodWaste eventSee All Upcoming Events
Share your #NoFoodWaste posts and bring friends to win.
Each post and referred friend counts as an entry. We’ll pull a new winner to get $25 from Brooklyn Kitchen each week this month.Get the App
Meet and Celebrate in Real Life
Foodstand events are happening all over the country -- from book club discussions to farmers market demos, we’ll be out teaching people how to practice #NoFoodWaste with us. Want to host your own event? Just get in touch
Community Organized Events
"Foodstand, Slow Food SF, and ZeroCater are excited to bring you a movie night and happy hour chat to discuss one of the most pressing issues we're facing today - FOOD WASTE. Join us for a short sc...
Host an Event
Bring the foodstand community and #NoFoodWaste to your own communities
Host a book or film club discussion
We’re reading Waste-Free Kitchen Handbook and watching Just Eat It. Host your own event to discuss!Download the Guide
Host a Farmers Market Educational Demo
We’ll help you bring the #NoFoodWaste camapign to your community market - from choosing a recipe to marketing materials, and everything in between.Request Market Demo Support
Got ideas on how you can get involved?
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the Foodstand Mobile Application or register via the website.
- Between 10AM EST on Monday, May 30, 2016 and 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, June 30, 2016 (the Sweepstakes Period), use the Foodstand platform to post any item that represents food waste reduction using the tag "#NoFoodWaste” to your post description. Each post that includes #NoFoodWaste in the description during the Sweepstakes Period will be counted as an entry. Each friend referred during the Sweepstakes Period also counts as an entry. A referred friend entry is counted only when the referee lists the referrer in the "Who Referred You?" field during registration during the Sweepstakes Period.
- A random drawing will be held from all eligible entries (posts containing #NoFoodWaste in the description and referrers who referred friends) received during the Sweepstakes Period, each week on Mondays during the campaign period, by Foodstand, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this sweepstakes are final. The winner will receive a $25 gift card from The Brooklyn Kitchen. Winner will receive gift via mail.
- Each #NoFoodWaste post (also known as an entry) must be fully completed; mechanically reproduced; incomplete and/or illegible entries will not be accepted. In case of dispute with respect to entries, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Entries become property of Foodstand and may be shared with partners of Foodstand. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Foodstand and its advertising and promotions agencies are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Notice to Winners: Winner will be notified by e-mail. Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within fifteen (15) days of notification attempt or prize may be awarded to alternate winner. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate winner will be selected. If a winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian, who must follow all prize claim procedures specified herein and sign and return all required documents.
- Prize: $25 gift card from The Brooklyn Kitchen
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. If any prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the name of minor's parent or legal guardian. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Foodstand makes no warranties with regard to the prize. Prize is not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winner, but Foodstand reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prize are the sole responsibility of winner.
- General: Foodstand and its representatives are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes. If for any reason, (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Foodstand, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes), the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Foodstand shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes.
- By accepting prize, the winner grants to Foodstand the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, in advertising and promotion, including on the Site, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. By participating in the sweepstakes, entrant and winner release Foodstand, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and agents, from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. Foodstand may prohibit an entrant from participating in the sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Foodstand representatives. All legal responsibilities of a minor under these Official Rules will be assumed by the minor's parent/legal guardian.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FOODSTAND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Foodstand, 115 5th avenue, 6th Floor New York, NY 10003.